Thursday, May 8, 2008

PMS

I am sure that all girls know what is PMS and for guys who are more conncern on girls or YOUR girl will know what it is. Now for those who don't, PMS is a three-letter initialism which I'm now using to stand for PreMenstrual Syndrome. Let me share some common info about PMS..

Since I have always interested in Health Science, I went and Google and learn more about this PMS thingy. PMS is collection of physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms related to a woman's menstrual cycle, sometimes caused by the hormonal disorder during menstuation when oestrogen level is too high and progesteron level is low... Most women experiences PMS 2 weeks prior to their menses, some stop after the menstual flow starts, while some may continue after the mentrual flow begun.



The intensity of symptom varies from individuals and let us see what are the common symptoms of PMS... I wasn't aware of a few of them and now only I know ohhhh, no wonder la..
Symptoms:
-Abdominal bloating (When my already big tummy turns gigantic, wtf)
-Abdominal cramp (most common; stomachache is a misconception)

-Constipation due to water retention (indeed true for me)
-Breast discomfort (Erm.. No comment)
-Aggression and Depression (Ahaha this is when people around us KENA!)
-Appetite changes and food craving (?? Food craving is forever for me)
-Insomnia (ehehe... ZzzzzZzzzz)
-Acne (Oh yea~)
-Headache and Fatigue (Not applicable to me though)
-Extreme tearfulness (When you wake up in the morning and found deposition of salt around your eyes, your period is near; my experience)

The risk factors that might boost the intensity of the symptoms is those common unhealthy practice of us such as:-
-Stress
-High Caffein intake**(stressed in many of my findings)
-Increasing Age
-Tobacco use (No Smoking please..)
-Family History
-Dietary Factors (Lack of vitamins like B6 and E; minerals like calsium and magnesuim)

There's some remedies to relieve PMS and the natural one will be leading a healthy lifestyle with reduction of caffein(coffee,tea), sugar, and sodium(salt) intake, and increase of fiber and adequate rest and sleep... Besides this, intake of supplements like calsium pills, magnesium, vitamin E and vitamin B complex will do some good.. Easy way out? Take MultiVitamin la...

The are a few guys that I know will buy chocolate for their girl during her PMS... Let me tell you something... Chocolates does not affect PMS intensity... Not worsen nor relieve... Furthermore, chocolate contains sugar that should be lessen during PMS... Not feeling so smart now? Since you've been buying chocolates for nothing... I guess your chocolates do make us happy~

That's all I can share about PMS... Adios!!

mk.pms-ing

No comments: