Wednesday, March 12, 2008

HARD WORK DOES PAY!!!

It all started with a heart full of reluctance...
Despite how the words to come out wanting to challenge it,
the heart simply repels it, just like most of the people...
When some of the friends started college and seems to be having fun,
was wondering, and doubting why am I wearing the uniform...

One day i found that it wasn't that difficult as everyone thought,
at least not for me, I saw hopes and potentials;
that I can make my way out of it...
Then, I started to set goals like everyone else,
goals that somehow believed to be achievable...
As saying goes:
[literary the moon is more superior than the stars]
"Aim for the moon, even if you miss it, you'll land among the stars."

Things wasn't totally smooth and easy for me;
there was time when i struggle in agony,
there was time when i confuse in dilemma,
there was time when i have to sacrifice, things that i want the most,
there was time when i lose my faith, and strength to strive further...
I held on, telling myself it will be over soon...

It all comes to an end in the preparation for the ultimate battle,
As rationality takes control and overrule my mind...
I finally get to focus, for two months, to think of nothing else,
but to get myself ready for the battle...
As usual, is to hold on, just hold on...
even if it's just the slimmest string left to be held on...

Finally, the battle is over, and the day has come,
to reveal the outcome of my hard work...
I walked alone, along the corridor,
towards the foyer where everyone is heading...

Anxiety surrounds me while adrenaline's kicking me,
still i walk and i walk...
along the corridor that seems to be longer than it used to...
till i reach the booth, that possesses the piece of paper of mine,
that's going to change my life... forever... [wtf, just exaggerating]

With my shaky hands, I removed the seal...
As i unfold the paper and claims my results,
i lost my breath, my heart beat stops,
everything around me just paused and disappeared!!!

I run through the alphabets on the paper,
trying to get them through my mind and interpret them...

For a second, i lost my mind...
The moment i regain myself, and return to reality,
I was overwhelmed, overjoyed, and bounced to Cloud 9!!!
My hands are still shaking while i press the buttons of my mobile phone...
Tears of joy i shed while passing the news to my loved ones..
I did it, far beyond my expectations but i did it!!!
CGPA 4.0!!! It used to appear only in my dreams...
Although I often said that I aim to get 4.0 flat...
But I never thought that it will become a reality one day... This day!!!


All my hard work, my effort, my brain juice, my sacrifices...
They are rewarded... With this piece of paper...
But let's not get too carried away with it...
I got so many things to do now...
It will be a new day and a new chapter of my life tomorrow...
Let me leave my sorrows and regrets behind...
And march to a better life tomorrow!!!


mk.delighted!

No comments: